There are 290 km of marked hiking trails in the area of the Tara National Park.
The starting point of the trails in the area of Kaludjerske bare is the plateau in front the restaurant "Jeremičak";
The starting point of the trails in the area of Mitrovac is the crossroads in front at the Center for Visitors of the National Park Tara;
The starting point of the trails in the area of Zvijezda and Crni Vrh is the foresters hut at Predov krst;
The starting point for the trails in the area of Rastište is the Mountaineering Hut (Old School) in Sedaljka.
For more information, click the desired path on the left or below.
You are using the trails at your own risk - Conditions around the trails, marking and signs are subject to change and based on that we do not accept any responsibility for the condition of paths and the accuracy of these data in the future.
The trails are marked with hiking markings, arrows or signs, and they should be strictly followed.
- Mountain trails and other hiking trails are marked by red and white round sign or by parallel red and white stripes and also with yellow signposts on the start of the trail and at intersections.
- E7 European long distance path is marked by a red and yellow round sign or by parallel red and yellow stripes and also with yellow signposts on the start of the trail and at intersections.
- Via Dinarica - Green Trail is marked by a green and white round sign or by parallel green and white stripes and also with regular yellow signposts and small green Via Dinarica signposts.
- Do not leave the trail.
- Do not hike alone.
- Familiarize yourself with the trail.
- Do not remove, disturb or damage plants or animals.
- Take your rubbish with you.
- Keep your dogs under control at all time.
The most of the trails on our list can be visited without a guide. Hiring a mountain guide (after arranging in advance) for the more demanding trails is particularly advisable on the grounds of safety. Guides can also be a good idea on trails where you want to learn more about the surroundings.